Jewish students in grades 10-12 are invited to participate in the Robert Israel Lappin Jewish Youth Leadership Seminar, a new program inspired by Robert Israel Lappin, of blessed memory, whose leadership in the Jewish community spanned more than 70 years. Robert Lappin served as an inspirational Jewish role model for individuals of all ages, including teens.
The theme of the 2020 seminar is Becoming an Inspirational Jewish Leader.
Thought-provoking presentations and independent activities will stimulate your mind, nurture your soul and help you on a path of inspirational Jewish leadership.
A Certificate of Achievement will be awarded upon successful completion of the program requirements:
- Participate in six virtual sessions, 30-45 minutes each
- Write three short post-session reflections
- Complete two independent activities
Virtual sessions will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday evenings
July 13 Deborah L. Coltin On Becoming an Inspirational Jewish Leader
July 20 Dr. Noam Weissman Moses, Mandela and the Meaning of Leadership
July 27 Dr. Noam Weissman The Good, the Bad and the Utterly Bizarre
August 3 Dr. Noam Weissman Failure – A Fundamental Feature of Leadership
August 10 Rabbi Marc Baker The Makings of a Jewish Community
August 17 Ariela HaLevi Soulful Jewish Leadership
Independent Activities due by August 14, 2020.
- Get to Know a Jewish Leader: Interview a Jewish leader you are interested in getting to know better (template will be provided).
- The Jewish War Veteran: A Special Kind of Inspirational Leader: Interview a Jewish War Veteran and document the interview for the new online exhibit honoring Jewish War Veterans (template will be provided)